Thursday 30 March 2017

MY NEW ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK

The Name of the Wind 

Written by: Patrick Rothfuss
(The Kingkiller Chronicle #1)
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Release date: March 2007

     
      
"MY NAME IS KVOTHE

I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.

You may have heard of me."

So begins a tale unequaled in fantasy literature--the story of a hero told in his own voice. It is a tale of sorrow, a tale of survival, a tale of one man's search for meaning in his universe, and how that search, and the indomitable will that drove it, gave birth to a legend.


MY REVIEW:


I DIDN’T READ THIS BOOK. I LIVED IT!

And I never wanted it to end.


There is no better proof of author’s extraordinary storytelling skills than that. But here are others to persuade you to read this masterpiece.

WRITING

This story and writing spoke to me. The Name of the Wind may not be a fast-paced story but otherwise it had everything that great unforgettable book should have. Numerous times I caught myself not reading and being deep in thoughts about what I had just read. I love when book does that to me. And believe me, something like that happens to me on very rare occasions and it is always a sign of amazing narration.

CHARACTERS

It took some time for me to truly bond with main characters. But they crept into my heart and stayed there, Kvothe especially. All characters are complex, multidimensional and memorable. A real treat for every passionate reader.

PHENOMENAL WORLD-BUILDING

The Name of the Wind has its own history, currencies, religion, legends, songs, science, magic system... There were even stories inside the story (the one about Lanre was my favorite). This book has it all! Mr. Rothfuss presented truly complex and real-like world. The scale of his fantasy world is enormous and it was absolute pleasure to get lost in it.

As I said last year, there are 5 stars books and THE 5 stars books. The Name of the Wind definitely belongs to the second category. This is a story that needs to be savored and I’m already looking forward to re-reading it. But now, onto the next one!

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.