Friday 30 September 2016

SPOILER-FREE REVIEW OF CROOKED KINGDOM

It has been long since I read a book that inspired me to write full and proper review. Until today. Crooked Kingdom completely blew me away and I simply have to share my thoughts with you!


Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)

Written by: Leigh Bardugo

Published by: Henry Holt and Co.

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Release date: September 27th 2016

        
          
Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world. 


MY SPOILER-FREE THOUGHTS:


First thing first, meet Kaz Brekker's crew: 







5 REASONS WHY CROOKED KINGDOM IS THE BEST SEQUEL EVER


#1 Storytelling at its best

This book will literally keep you on the edge of your seat, your toes curling and your heart racing. There was not a single boring moment. On contrary! I flew through this book and wish it was even longer than 546 pages.

#2 Parade of twists

Leigh Bardugo is a genius. I can't even count how many times during this book I thought "No way! I didn't see this coming". The level of awesomeness of twists was beyond this world amazing.

#3 Leigh Bardugo = Queen of banters

Seriously, if I wasn't nervously biting my nails waiting for outcome of this or that situation, I was smiling like lunatic whenever these precious characters were bantering among each other. And believe me, it was quite often.

#4 All the feels

If someone told me month ago that Crooked Kingdom was going to make me cry (multiple times), I wouldn't believe it. But it happened. Mrs. Bardugo brought out big guns = raw emotions. And I loved it! (even though my heart broke couple of times)

#5 Simply perfect

Crooked Kingdom has all qualities that make it outstanding and unforgettable novel. I just have nothing to complain about. Story was addictive, all main characters grew on me big time, ending was realistic and there was even cameo of my favorite character from Grisha trilogy. Now all I can do is re-read it to find all those details that I missed when I read it for the first time and hope that this is not the last novel by Leigh Bardugo set in Grisha world. 

ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH GRISHA WOLRD?
HAVE YOU MET KAZ'S CREW YET?
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON CROOKED KINGDOM?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.