Tuesday 9 December 2014

REVIEW: BAD ROMEO BY LEISA RAYVEN


Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven

(The Starcrossed Series #1)

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release date: December 23rd 2014

Pre-order: Amazon / Kobo / iBooks



SYNOPSIS:

When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time.

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks.

 * 5 STARS * Review:



Phenomenal writing, scorching chemistry, great plot. Bad Romeo easily became one of the best contemporary romances I have ever read!


Stories like Bad Romeo are reason why I read. Its intensity made my heart flutter and gave me goose bumps. I love being transferred right into the story and experience it all through brilliant writing. It's the best kind of magic. And in this case, Leisa Rayven is a true magician.


Bad Romeo is story about finding your true self and losing your heart in the process. Plot development and development of the characters is truly remarkable in this novel. Author tells us two stories simultaneously. First one is about how Ethan and Cassie met in drama school, became friends and formed complicated relationship. Second storyline is set 3 years after the end of drama school, Ethan and Cassie being cast together in new stage play but having huge unresolved past issues between them. This concept of connecting past and present was incredible and it made quite an addictive read out of this book for me.


Attraction between main protagonists of this novel is so palpable, I could almost taste it. Sexual tension between Ethan and Cassie was off the charts! To tell the truth, I'm not sure if I have ever read about the couple with more intense chemistry (and I don't say that lightly). And even though they pissed each other off regularly, it really worked for them. Moreover, in this novel you will find the best make-out scenes. Who would know that simple kissing scenes may be so hot?


I have to admit that even though this was not my first time reading this story, I couldn't put it down and still felt this giddy excitement of reading great story for the first time. Yes, it's that good and I can't wait for the continuation of Ethan's & Cassie's story in Broken Juliet. If you like unforgettable romance stories, believe me, you do not want to miss this one!

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.