Tuesday 25 June 2013

REVIEW: Come Alive (EIT #7) by Karina Halle


Come Alive by Karina Halle
(Experiment in Terror #7)
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Purchase at: Amazon / Smashwords


Goodreads Blurb:

It’s one thing to bring the woman you love back into your life. It’s another to try and keep her there. For Dex Foray, con­vinc­ing Perry Palomino to open her­self to their bur­geon­ing rela­tion­ship has been more chal­leng­ing than hunt­ing ghosts, bat­tling demons and stalk­ing Sasquatch com­bined. Add in the fact that the only way they can keep their Exper­i­ment in Ter­ror show run­ning is to take on a third part­ner in the form of the mys­te­ri­ous Max­imus Jacobs — all while inves­ti­gat­ing a sin­is­ter voodoo sect in New Orleans — and you’ve got the per­fect South­ern storm and a recipe for dis­as­ter. Luck­ily, Dex has never been one to back down, even when his life –and heart — are on the line.

Come Alive is told from Dex’s POV.
THIS BOOK IS RECOMMENDED FOR MATURE READERS AUDIENCES ONLY. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW ITSELF DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL. 

My Dex and Perry:

* 5 STARS * Review:


MY MOST ANTICIPATING BOOK OF 2013!!!

I was looking forward to spending whole book in Dex's pervy sarcastic mind and I have to admit that Come Alive surpassed my expectations. His thinking is extremely entertaining and without a doubt I can say that Dex is the best and my all time favourite book character in the whole world! Together with exciting, nerve wracking and undownputtable storyline, Karina Halle created another perfection. Come Alive is my new favourite book in this superb series!


Come Alive is a mind-blowing story. Everytime, when I think that I already read the best by Karina Halle, she writes another fabulous story. Story that leaves me breathless, story that I cannot put down, story full of emotions which consume me. That is exactly how Come Alive made me feel.

Dex & Perry went through some pretty scary stuff in previous books but I found this instalement the most dangerous one. Spook factor was really high this time and I was creeped out of my mind. Zombies, woodoo and other scary stuff. This book is full of it. I was not only creeped out by scary stuff but also worried for Dex and Perry since author is not making it easy for the two of them...

I loved the fact that whole book was in Dex’s POV. Everything that came out of his mouth was either funny and hilarious or just brilliantly awesome. He can be sexy pervert one moment, but honest and loving the next moment. Yes he has his flaws, but my love for him has no boundaries. He is just that perfect!


So many new things and info were revealed in this book and couple fo new characters were introduced too. It has been a long journey for Dex and Perry and things are getting clearer when it comes to the big picture. But there is still a lot ahead of them and I cannot wait to see what is in store for Dex and Perry who are my all time favourite book couple!

Beside the scary stuff, this book brings plenty sexy-Dexy time! I loved it! So in case you have not read this series yet, you have to do it now. Believe me, these books are more than worth it!

About Author: 


The daughter of a Norwegian Viking and a Finnish Moomin, Karina Halle grew up in Vancouver, Canada with trolls and eternal darkness on the brain. This soon turned into a love of all things that go bump in the night and a rather sadistic appreciation for freaking people out. Like many of the flawed characters she writes, Karina never knew where to find herself and has dabbled in acting, make-up artistry, film production, screenwriting, photography, travel writing and music journalism. She eventually found herself in the pages of the very novels she wrote (if only she had looked there to begin with).
 Karina holds a screenwriting degree from Vancouver Film School and a Bachelor of Journalism from TRU. Her travel writing, music reviews/interviews and photography have appeared in publications such as Consequence of Sound, Mxdwn and GoNomad Travel Guides. She currently lives on an island on the coast of British Columbia where she's preparing for the zombie apocalypse.
 
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.

20 comments:

  1. I am hearing so much about these stories. Intereat is definitely piqued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try! EIT is my all time favourite series, nothing compare to it! It is perfect mixture of romance, fun, sarcasm, angst and horror. And main characters are brilliantly written :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic review, Lucia. I agree with you. Every time I think the series can't get better Karina makes it happen. I can't wait for Ashes to Ashes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Lucia this book was awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucia,

    I tried reading the first book awhile back, and couldn't get through it. I need to try again, it seems. I must be missing an important gene or something. I am looking forward to being wowed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie :) You definitely should give it another try. First book is just introduction and series gets better and scarrier with every instalment! You will not regret it :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a little scared to think about where Karina is going to take us next. It gets scarier with each book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am scarred too, it seems like events are getting more and more dangerous for Dex and Perry!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVED this book. My favorite in the series...so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Darkhouse and omg I loved it! I'm going to start book 2 later today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Southern horror books are the best! I haven't had the good fortune to read any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of Red Fox. Eep, that one was so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No I have not read this series yet but would like to I love to find authors I have not read

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to read about Dex and Perry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get book 1 Darkhouse for free and meet them, you will loe them :)

      Delete