Thursday 14 February 2013

REVIEW: Lying Season by Karina Halle


Lying Season by Karina Halle

(Experiment in Terror #4)

5 STARS


Goodreads Blurb:


Ama­teur ghost-hunter Perry Palomino has bat­tled ghosts, fought off skin­walk­ers and skirted the fine line between life and death. But can she sur­vive bunk­ing down in Seat­tle for a week with her partner (and man she secretly loves) Dex and his perfect girl­friend, Jennifer? And can she do so while being tor­mented by a mali­cious spirit from Dex’s increas­ingly shady past? With love and life in the bal­ance, Perry must dis­cover the truth among the lies or risk los­ing every­thing she's ever cared about.

THIS BOOK IS RECOMMENDED FOR MATURE READERS AUDIENCES ONLY. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW ITSELF DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL. 


My Review:


Wow, utterly amazing! Karina Halle is a genius! Experiment in Terror series are so perfect that no words can describe how much I love it. These books are definitely in my TOP 3 series of all time!

Lying Season is perfectly written book. I was absolutely amazed by the style of writing which sucked me in and I could not stop reading until I finished it all. Maybe I did not like all the events that took place, or things that were said in this book but I am sure it was inevitable for the sake of storyline. Moreover, I find it very refreshing that both main characters have their flaws and negatives and they are completely realistic. There were times I wanted to yelled some sence into them but it never made me love them less.

In this story, main focus was on Dex & Perry "relationship". The fact that Perry was staying for whole week in apartment with Dex and Jenn brought awkward situations, jealousy and plenty of lying. Also, this book took very interesting turn. It was not only ghost hunting story anymore, things are definitely getting some more deeper meaning. I have to admit that Lying Season had a little bit of "Twin Peaks" feeling for me and I loved it.

And Dex? Normally I would not like the guy who has a long-term girlfriend but flirts with his partner (I hate cheating!). But every rule has an exception and that is exactly what Dex is. He is just... different, funny, caring, fascinating, mysterious, sexy...he is one of the best male fictional characters ever written! But some things he said or did in this book made me so angry. Like really angry. I am so glad that there is next book out there already because I have to read it immediately!!!
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.

2 comments:

  1. Dex is one of the best male characters ever written. He's like an onion with all his layers.This is my favorite series, I love the flawed craziness of both Dex & Perry. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali :) EIT are my all time favourite series too! I was re-reading this before And With Madness Comes The Light.

      Delete