Saturday 2 July 2016

DOUBLE MONTHLY RECAP: BACK FROM HIATUS. FOR NOW.

Double Monthly Recap is my version of Stacking the Shelves post in which I talk about all the books that I read and posts that I shared on the blog in last two months. Linking up with Stacking the Shelves post by Tynga’s Reviews.


Long time no see! It has been a month since my last blog post. I had never planned for blogging hiatus, it just happened. Am I officially back? Work is still kicking my butt and with more and more social responsibilities I simply do not have time for regular blogging. *sad face* But I will try my best and I already have couple of blog posts planned for June so things look promising!



WORD COUNT: 1 623 330


According to How Long to Read I read 1 623 330 words in last two months. Considering that I have been super busy with work, I am happy with the amount of books that I managed to read.


WHAT I READ IN MAY AND JUNE: 

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page) 

..... 
....

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

I binge read this series and really enjoyed it! To read my full series review go here.

Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh (DNF)

I picked it up 5 times and I was never able to read further than couple of first chapters. So I gave up. Full review coming later this month.

And I Darken by Kiersten White (4.5 STARS)

And I Darken was unexpected, unique and smart YA historical novel. Forget all YA tropes before reading this book! Full review coming later this month.


Smut by Karina Halle (3 STARS)

A bit cliché "I read such story hundred times before" enemies-to-lovers romance told in unique voice that Karina Halle is known for. Yet, I have a thing for hate-to-lovers romances and I can recommend Smut to all lovers of this subgenre!

Showmance by L.H. Cosway (2 STARS)

I adore L.H. Cosway’s previous standalone romances but this one completely missed the mark for me. Even otherwise exciting theatre setting did not save this book for me. Full review coming soon.

The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon (3 STARS)

The Bird and the Sword has poetic writing and fairytale quality but weak world-building and simple storyline that fades in comparison with other fantasy novels that I have read in my life. Hardcore fantasy fan in me wasn’t impressed. And romantic in me wasn’t satisfied either. It was all hero’s fault. So yeah. All in all I enjoyed this story, it was an addictive read and I read in couple of hours but I was hoping for much more...

Mao II by Don DeLillo (2 STARS)

I can't deny that Don DeLillo has great way with words but the lack of traditional storytelling prevented me from enjoying this novel.


Some Kind of Perfect by Krista & Becca Ritchie (5 STARS)

I knew that it would be incredibly bittersweet to say final goodbye to characters from my all time favorite NA series but I seriously thought that I was ready. Truth is that I wasn’t. You can read my full spoiler-free review here.


WHAT I RE-READ IN MAY AND JUNE: 

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page) 

....

I had huge book hangover after finishing Some Kind of Perfect (Addicted #3.5). I couldn't stop thinking about Addicted gang but fortunately I found a cure – Addicted series re-read. Re-reading this series got me emotional all over again. I LOVE Lily's and Lo's story so much!


BOOKISH NEWS: 


My favorite author duo – Krista & Becca Ritchie – are writing sci-fi/fantasy YA novel called THE FAST TRACK. The premise sounds absolutely amazing and I am already excited to read it! For more info go here.


WHAT DID YOU MISS?






WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES RECENTLY?
ANY BOOKISH/BLOGGING NEWS THAT I MISSED?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.