Wednesday 2 April 2014

REVIEW: With This Heart by R.S. Grey


With This Heart by R.S. Grey

Genre: NA Contemporary Romance

Purchase: Amazon US / Amazon UK / Kobo



Synopsis:

If someone had told me a year ago that I was about to fall in love, go on an epic road trip, ride a Triceratops, sing on a bar, and lose my virginity, I would have assumed they were on drugs.

Well, that is, until I met Beckham.

Beck was mostly to blame for my recklessness. Gorgeous, clever, undeniably charming Beck barreled into my life as if it were his mission to make sure I never took living for granted. He showed me that there were no boundaries, rules were for the spineless, and a kiss was supposed to happen when I least expected.

Beck was the plot twist that took me by surprise. Two months before I met him, death was knocking at my door. I’d all but given up my last scrap of hope when suddenly, I was given a second chance at life. This time around, I wasn’t going to let it slip through my fingers.

We set out on a road trip with nothing to lose and no guarantees of tomorrow.

Our road trip was about young, reckless love. The kind of love that burns bright.

The kind of love that no road-map could bring me back from.

**Recommended for ages 17+.**
THIS BOOK IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR YOUNGER READERS. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW ITSELF DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL.

My Abby and Beck:


* 4 STARS * Review:

"His face was easy and open; a small smile dotted the side of his mouth. His default setting was happy. That’s what I loved about Beck. He looked at life like it was a journey, like we were meant to enjoy every step of the way." 
After careful and sheltered life, 19 years old Abby got her heart transplant. Now the times comes to finally "live". And a secret road trip with irresistible Beck seems like the best way to fully enjoy her second chance at life...


Road-trip stories are always so much fun. I have a thing for these kind of books since I read On the Road by Jack Kerouac for the first time, and this book didn’t disappoint. With This Heart is sweet and adorable story about sexual awakening and emotional journey of young woman who found courage to live her life to the fullest.

Our heroine Abby is a cynic, an inexperienced but lovely girl. I had a little problem with her attempts for sarcasm (which felt slightly forced) at the beginnig. But as story progressed, I got used to her inner thoughts and grew to like her a lot.

On the other side, Beck was a walking ad for sarcasm and made me laugh numerous times. He was cheerful, sexy, adorable and I could totally understand why Abby wasn’t able to resist his charms. Beck is exactly the kind of boy that inexperienced and teenage girl should have for a boyfriend.
“So you’re a stalker?” I asked with a hard stare.
He smirked, a knees-turning-to jelly kind of smirk. “I prefer gravitationally linked to your presence.”
Are you asking yourself why not 5 stars since I enjoyed it so much? I just couldn’t get over the fact that Abby never really questioned why complete stranger was so adamant on going on road trip with her. I know she wanted an adventure, to do something crazy, to finally truly live. But taking on a road trip a boy she met twice for couple of minutes and not really telling anyone about it - not very wise. But it is only minor complaint and it didn’t prevent me from enjoying this book!

author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.

2 comments: