Friday 25 October 2013

REVIEW: The Scribe by Elizabeth Hunter


The Scribe by Elizabeth Hunter
(Irin Chronicles #1)
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance


Synopsis:

Hidden at the crossroads of the world, an ancient race battles to protect humanity, even as it dies from within.

Ava Matheson came to Istanbul looking for answers, but others came looking for her. A reckless warrior guards her steps, but will Malachi’s own past blind him to the truth of who Ava might be? While ancient forces gather around them, both Ava and Malachi search for answers.

Whispering voices. Deadly touch. Their passion should be impossible... or it could be the only thing that will keep them alive.

THE SCRIBE is the first book in the Irin Chronicles, the new paranormal romance series from Elizabeth Hunter, author of the Elemental Mysteries.

* 5 STARS * Review:

“We’re all immortal, Ava, as long as our stories are told.”


Exciting story set in modern Instanbul with no insta-love. The Scribe was really refreshing urban fantasy novel which I enjoyed immensely!

Ava can hear voices in language she doesn't understand and sense the tone of other poeple's minds. Its her curse and her blessing. When she comes to Instanbul, hoping to find "cure" for her situation, couple of strangers start to follow her. Soon she will find out that there are forces in this world she never even imagined to exist before and she might be part of it herself...

I fell in love with the world author created in this book. And especially, I loved Malachi's character. "Tall, dark and brooding" as author described him. He was calm and loyal but also extremely passionate and intimidating when fighting for something he believed in. I loved how frustrated he became when things were not going his way. He was truly adorable man, yet fierce warrior.

And heroine? Ava was feisty, snarky and intelligent. Great combination. It does not happen very often that we have really mature heroine so I was glad for her character.

I really liked how author managed romance in this story. It took some time but once hero and heroine developped feelings for each other, it was intense. Fortunatelly, even though romance was very important in this book, it never took all spotlight in the story.

Another positive thing is that author kept me guessing for a while what exact supernatural creaters were present in the story. It kept me on my toes and I liked it a lot.

The Scribe is a movie material. I watched story enfold breathlessly between my eyes and I was mesmerized by beautiful writing style. Whole storyline was exciting and finale blew my mind. Now I am wreck and I need next book as soon as possible!!!
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.