Wednesday 30 October 2013

REVIEW: A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter


A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter

(Elemental Mysteries #1)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

FREEBIE: Amazon USAmazon UKSmashwords


SYNOPSIS:

"No secret stays hidden forever."

A phone call from an old friend sets Dr. Giovanni Vecchio back on the path of a mystery he'd abandoned years before. He never expected a young librarian could hold the key to the search, nor could he have expected the danger she would attract. Now he and Beatrice De Novo will follow a twisted maze that leads from the archives of a university library, through the fires of Renaissance Florence, and toward a confrontation they never could have predicted.

A Hidden Fire is a paranormal mystery/romance. It is the first book in the Elemental Mysteries Series.
THIS BOOK IS RECOMMENDED FOR MATURE READERS AUDIENCES ONLY. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW ITSELF DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL.

  My Beatrice and Giovanni:


  * 5 STARS * Review:


Eventful story about young libarian Beatrice De Novo and mysterious Dr. Giovanni Vecchio is amazing introduction into this paranormal series. I loved it and I cannot wait to read more!

I love mysterious, unreadable heroes who keep to themselves. Dr. Giovanni Vecchio is one of them. Well educated and perfect gentleman. Self-confident, but he never came off as arrogant jerk. And there was so much more to him. It took me long time to partially figure him out and I'm sure there is plenty of other things I still don't know about him yet. He has became one of my favourite bookish characters!

Beatrice De Novo was intriguing character herself. Charming and intelligent. I really liked her boldness. Still, she was too stubborn, too passionate, never seeing things from others people's perspective. Sometimes age difference between her and Giovanni showed, and Giovanni had to put Beatrice to her place. At least he was never a jerk about it.

I have to mention that I loved chemistry between Giovanni and Beatrice. Their mutual attraction was electrifying!


A Hidden Fire is SLOW BURN kind of story. I'm not oppose to reading nicely written insta-love book, but "slow burn" has always been my preference. Gio and Beatrice formed weird friendship at first and than it gradually developped into something more...

I really like writing style of this author. It has some mysterious quality into it with hints of poetics here and there. It is really beautiful. Banters between hero and heroine were entertaining, over storyline very captivating and adventurous. I'm already looking forward to next book in the series!
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.