Friday 1 January 2016

MY MOST EXPECTED 2016 BOOK RELEASES

Happy New Year everyone! Let's toast to having an awesome reading year in 2016 and let me tell you about the books that I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this year!



There are plenty of new releases that I am super excited for. To simplify things, I decided to pick only 16 books (it is 2016 after all) and devide them into five groups. Here they are:

CROOKED KINGDOM (Six of Crows #2) is without a doubt my most awaited sequel of this year. Six of Crows was my favorite fantasy novel of 2015 and I desperately need to know how my ships will fare in next book! Untitled BOOK #2 IN THE GOLD SEER TRILOGY is another YA fantasy novel that I can't wait to read. First book Walk on Earth a Stranger presented admirable heroine and engaging historical setting so of course I am super excited for its sequel. Also, after reading extra short first blurb for The Illuminae Files #2, I'm more than ready for unique reading experience that it promises. GEMINA will take place on a space station and I need it now. Is it Fall 2016 yet?

Time travel YA fantasy novel (INTO THE DIM); time travel/quantum physics/romance YA contemporary (THE SQUARE ROOT OF SUMMER) and delicious-sounding urban fantasy novel (THE BLEEDING DARK). All these three debuts make me salivate for their release dates!

Confession time. MORNING STARS is my number one most awaited 2016 book release but I'm equally scared and excited to read it. Those who read Golden Son (Red Rising #2) know what I'm talking about. Will anyone hold my hand while I read it? Characters from Addicted series by Krista & Becca Ritchie stole my heart and I have a feeling that reading epilogue novel SOME KIND OF PERFECT will be a bitersweet experience. Still, I'm super excited for it to be released! I have another confession for you. I haven't started The Winner's Trilogy or The Raven Cycle series yet. I've been waiting for both these series to be completed so I can binge read all the books. And that will finally happen in 2016 since THE WINNER'S KISS is being released in March and THE RAVEN KING in April!

New Adult series by Ritchie twins? Being a huge fan of Krista & Becca Ritchie, DAMAGED LIKE US is a must read for me! And new YA fantasy series by Kiersten White and Jay Kristoff sound too good to pass up. Make sure to add AND I DARKEN and NEVERNIGHT to your TBR if you haven't done so yet.

The last three books I can't wait to read are coverless and without release date. There is even no guarantee that they will be released in 2016 but I still have hope. What books I'm talking about? BAD ROMANCE by Heather Demetrios (this author writes the best YA contemporaries so I will read everything she writes), WHEN I WAKE by Elizabeth Norris (YA novel about dystopian world where Prohibition was never repealed) and FOURTEENERS by Sarah Latchaw (third book in Hydraulic series which are the best contemporary adult romance series I have ever read).

WHAT ARE YOUR 2016 MOST EXPECTED RELEASES?
DO WE SHARE ANY?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.