Tuesday 29 April 2014

REVIEW: Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins


Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

(The Sweet Trilogy #3)

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Purchase: Amazon / B&N / Kobo


 

 

Synopsis:

It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways. 
The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk. 
In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.

 

* 5 STARS * Review:



Sweet Reckoning is kind of book that makes you smile, laugh and swoon; book that makes you feel emotional and sad, anxious and nervous, hopefull and happy. It was phenomenal ending to this series and it secured very special place in my heart and on my bookshelf.


According to the prophecy, Anna is destined to free Nephilims and rid world of demons. But when presented with a choice, will she choose her love Kaiden or saving the world?

Book started calmly, with the hints of danger lurking behind our beloved charcters. But soon enough, there was twist after twist and story surprised me at every turn. I was constantly holding my breath, overwhelmed with worry about what will happen to Anna and Co. And there is no better compliment for author that the fact that I read this book in one sitting, unable to put it down!

In previous books, it was clear that Kaiden is the most swoonworthy as well as most tragic character in this series. In this instalment, his self-loathing (when it comes to his soul) was breaking my heart and simultaneously, his kindness was melting it. He truly is wrothy of "hero" status.


Anna matured a lot through out this series and I liked her more and more with every instalment. Together with Kaiden, they are one of my all time favourites bookish couples and I am sad to say goodbye to them.

"As I acquanted myself with all of him for the first time, I learned the power of being a woman - the wekaness in his eyes brought on by my touch - and the underlying trust and love I saw there."

One more thing. I love how this author is able to write steamy scenes without completely fading to black or being explicit. It is very difficult to do so in YA genre and it shows how talented Wendy Higgins is. I am already excited to see with what she will come next.

Read my reviews of previous books by clicking on pics:
.

author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.