Monday 4 February 2013

REVIEW: Dead Sky Morning by Karina Halle


Dead Sky Morning by Karina Halle

(Experiment in Terror #3)

5 STARS


Goodreads Blurb:


With the Experiment in Terror show finding some success, amateur ghost hunters Perry Palomino and Dex Foray embark on their most terrifying investigation yet. A tiny, fog-shrouded island in the rough strait between British Columbia and Washington State has held a dark secret for decades: It was a former leper colony where over forty souls were left to rot, die and bury each other. Now a functioning campground, Perry and Dex spend an isolated weekend there to investigate potential hauntings but as the duo quickly find out, there is more to fear on D’Arcy Island than just ghosts. The island quickly pits partner against partner, spiraling the pair into madness that serves to destroy their sanity, their relationship and their very lives.

THIS BOOK IS RECOMMENDED FOR MATURE READERS AUDIENCES ONLY. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW ITSELF DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL. 



My Review:


After falling in love with Perry & Dex and EIT series in previous books, I had pretty high expectation when I started reading Dead Sky Morning. And I am happy to say that my expectation were not just met, they were exceeded. I am officially huge fan of Experiment in Terror series!!!

So much has happened in this book. I liked that I got some "normal" stuff before heading towards actual adventure. Family problems, ice-hockey game, drunk talking...everything was there. And clown lady was in her creepiest-self. She always leaves me with more questions than answers but I kind of look forward to her appearences. I have a feeling that she may be a good character, but you can be sure with nothing in this series.

Dex was once again ridiculously charming. He was in his best mysterious-self, with plenty of absurd and snarky comments, always 1 step forward and 2 steps back considering his "relationship" with Perry. It made Perry feel confused, I was confused and I am sure other readers will be too. But Dex is what makes this book one of the most interesting and original book I have ever read. He can be sweet, crazy, perverted or caring. Sometimes I really did not know what to think, but I was definitely fascinated by it all.

And spooky level in this book? Well, I would go crazy if I was in Perry's and Dex's shoes. Everything about the hunted island gave me creeps. I did not like how it changed behaviour of Perry and Dex, but I could not blame them after everything they had to go through. Dead Sky Morning is the best but also the scariest part of this series so far.

Perry's feelings for Dex were in full mode in this book and I cannot wait what will happen in next instalment!!!
"I just loved the guy. I know I didn't know him that well - but I loved what I did know. And what I didn't know drove me crazy like some book that you can't stop reading, just to see how it ends, just to see if your hunches were right."
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.