Friday 1 February 2013

REVIEW: Asylum by K.A. Tucker


Asylum by K.A. Tucker

(Casual Enchantment #2)

5 STARS


Goodreads Blurb:

Tucked away in Sofie's wintery asylum with no hope of release for years, Evangeline must come to terms with her situation: the curse still plagues her, she's now hunted by a
two thousand-year-old vampire, and the guy she's in love with tried to kill her.
Plus, she's locked up with a cranky Max and the Forero kids—two people everyone
seems to prefer dead over alive. Things aren't looking good.

Meanwhile, back in Manhattan, Sofie struggles to keep forty trapped and bloodthirsty Ratheus vampires at bay and a desperate Viggo from killing Evangeline's friends, all
while hints stir outside the walls of the NYC vampire asylum of a war brewing
between the Sentinel and the witches.

Is there any hope for Evangeline and Caden? Can Sofie control the rival powers? Is the fate of
Earth predestined? Find out in Book 2 of the Causal Enchantment series, a sequel to ANATHEMA.



My Review:

After epic ending of Anathema (you can read my review HERE) I started 2nd book immediately because I needed to know what woul happen to characters.

"Am I stupid? For believing them?"
Leo chuckled softly. "No, my dear Evangeline. You are far from stupid. Naive, absolutely. But it's born out of an enormous heart and an enduring need to believe the best of people. Not stupidity."
I was surprised that after everything Evangeline went through and found out in previous book, she stayed the same sweet and trusting girl. Her naivety was getting on my nerves from time to time a little bit, but I never got to dislike her. After all, I am sure all her actions will have some deeper meaning, sooner or later.

But other characters shined brightly in this book. Especially Sofie, whom POV was regularly alernating with Evangeline's POV in Asylum. Sofie was loyal, strong and determined. After this book I am definitely Team Sofie!

The only negative aspect of this book was the lack of Caden. At least I missed him since I fell in love with him in Anathema. But when he was present, it was definitely worth it!

Then he turned to whisper, "Tell her nothing makes sence without her."
Asylum is another page turner by K.A. Tucker. There was more action, more excitement, more suspence and plenty of new info revealed. Storyline was just perfect! All those twists... I have no idea how things are going to develop in next instalments of Casual Enchantment series.
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.